Thursday, September 30, 2010

Eight Weeks!




I recently discovered that if I put August into the Ergo Carrier and walk up and down the stairs or outside, he will eventually go to sleep!!! And, I finally have managed to get him out of the carrier without waking him (the process takes about 10 minutes)!! As a result, August sleeps for at least 3 to 3.5 hours in a row, every day!! I am also now bringing the car seat inside after we run errands, with the baby inside. I get at least an hour of time to eat and clean the house and August’s sleep is not interrupted.

August is continuing to develop his personality and his visual/motor skills. August easily becomes bored and we have to continuously change the program. He will be entertained by the activity play mat for about 10 to 15 minutes, and can now purposefully hit objects he sees in front of him. His favorite toy, the monkey with the belly that lights up, inconsistently sings and plays the light show when hit. August occasionally gets frustrated because he expects a show every time he hits the monkey’s belly. August also likes to lay on my chest, arch his back up towards the sky like a lizard and then kick at my legs with his legs. When he tries to stand up I lift him into the air. We like to call this game, “Leaping Lizard.”


Yesterday, August and I went to our first German Breastfeeding CafĂ© at the St. Johannis Krankenhaus Wintergarten. It was really interesting to listen to both American and German moms explain their stories and discuss challenges, successes and recent research about breastfeeding. One article we discussed was entitled “Baby Fleisch…,” but it turned out the article was against giving meat to babies at four months (as the baby food manufacturers want) and NOT about baby flesh. This was also a great opportunity for the babies to interact with each other. August sat on my lap, facing outward, and watched the kids for most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment