I am delighted to be living in a world filled with coos, giggles and smiles, the perpetual aroma of sour milk, and the softest, calendula oil-induced skin! At the risk of jinxing it, I am happy to report that for the past six days, August has slept through the night! I don’t know why it took me so long to figure it out, or to get our bed baby-proofed, but I found that if I sleep right next to August and let him feed whenever he wants, we both sleep wonderfully. Dr. Sears says that it is like choosing between sleeping next to a warm body and a chocolate cake, or sleeping by yourself. While August is still colicky in the evenings, once we are settled down (usually after a walk outside) we both sleep well. I am especially happy that every morning as we wake up, August and I will cuddle!
At two months or nine weeks, August is an alert and very active little boy. His favorite activities continue to be tummy time on the activity mat, his gas-relieving exercises (includes flutter kicks, air bicycling and stretching), and climbing on Mommy. Most recently, August learned how to wriggle his body like a worm in the swing, to the point where he is half way out of the swing!! This only had to happen twice before I vowed never to put him in it again! The second occurrence happened when I was showering. Thankfully we have glass shower doors and I was able to grab him, soap and all, before he completely fell out.
August has a very strong personality and inherited his father’s stubbornness! For example, while August loves to take brisk walks outside, he will scream for the first five minutes until he is happily settled. He will happily entertain himself in his bouncy bed or bouncy chair…until Mommy sits down to eat something! August is beginning to enjoy our morning massages, particularly the foot massages and Eskimo kisses! What used to be a dreaded chore is now an opportunity to smile at each other and bond. At this juncture, I have no qualms about indulging August as much as possible!!
No comments:
Post a Comment