August now weighs 13lbs 7oz!! This week I went through all of August's clothes to pull out what doesn't fit him and what he now can fit into! He is mostly wearing 6 mos outfits!! Today I introduced Mortimer the Moose to August and he loved to pull the moose in towards his body with the rings hanging from Mortimer's tail.
His teething pains have subsided with the homeopathic treatment and we are focusing on getting August to nap longer. I am currently working with the Elizabeth Pantley No-Cry Sleep Solution book in an effort to get August to sleep better. After monitoring our activities over the past three days we have developed the following sleep plan:
--Maintain a flexible schedule to encourage longer naps.
--Encourage August to nap on his own in the bassinet, crib or car seat so he doesn't have to sleep right next to his Mommy.
--Be prepared to soothe August during initial wake-up signs to encourage longer naps.
--Put August down when he shows signs of tiredness versus limp limbs so he can learn how to fall asleep on his own.
--Move the bedtime to an earlier time (we are going to try 2000).
--Start the bedtime routine 30minutes to one hour before bedtime.
--Learn to read August better so I can distinguish between his sleep talk and him expressing a need for his Mommy before crying.
We are going to try the new sleep plan for about ten days to see how it goes. One day one, August successfully woke up in the bassinet (after I put him down from the ergo carrier) and went back to sleep in the bassinet on his own!!
I will add more pictures soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment